Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Pint

Bad poetry aside, I am looking forward to coming home. My plans have changed slightly, too: I plan to stay in the UK for the rest of 2006. I hope to share many pint-drinking opportunities with you all during this time!

One of the worst things about living here is the pollution (although there are many worse cities in the world.) It's impossible to stroll the streets of the city without being belched on by buses. Fresh air is something I'm looking forward to a lot.

And one of the oddest is the lack of seasons. There's a very primal part of me that just keeps expecting the days to get longer, or shorter, or sunnier, or rainier, or something. But no. It's like being in some kind of time-warp. One positive side-effect is that I never feel like I am "wasting" the sunshine by doing something else. It'll probably be sunny tomorrow, too. I'm wondering what it's going to be like returning to the grim British winter. Grim, I expect. Still, I'm looking forward to bright autumn mornings, at least, while they last :). Anyway, I always felt that it was February that was the most unpleasant and unnecessary month, and I hope I'll be back to sunny seasonless Bogota by then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you want fresh air and seasons .. they don't come much fresher and - er - seasonal than Derbyshire! Just a suggestion ...

Anonymous said...

that's really good news, i was worried the only opportunity we'd get to catch up would be beth's wedding!

warn you tho, don't hold too much optimism for the bright autumn mornings...

this 'other' identity option for blogs is cool, wish i'd known about it earlier!